Skip to main content


Counselor’s Corner     

Alissa Kruse, Venture Counselor

Email Ms. Kruse here.



If you need to include your Community College grades and credits on your Venture transcript, please order an official transcript from the college and bring it to Venture. If the official transcript will not arrive at Venture prior to graduation, you may print an unofficial transcript and bring it to Lucy as evidence of course completion. Venture will need to have the official transcript as soon as it is available.


Seniors can get a head-start on college applications this summer. It is an especially good time to start thinking about the application essays and personal statement,  which are required for UC and private colleges. (California State University applications do not include essays or personal statements.)

  • The UC freshman admission application information may be found by clicking this link.
  • Students planning to apply to private colleges should open an account with the Common Application Organization at this link.  Most private colleges require students to submit their applications through the Common App website. Check their list of member colleges.
  • Students who will be applying to a Cal State may open an account at this link.  This website also provides a wealth of information about all the Cal State campuses.
  • Check out Going to College site if you are planning to attend college in California. This website is a portal for a number of online resources specific to schools in our state.
  • Students planning to apply to four-year colleges who haven’t yet take the ACT or SAT should register as soon as possible for the September or October tests.  Online registration for the ACT is at this link and the online registration for the SAT is at this link.  
  • Consider attending the “Colleges That Change Lives” college fairs in July. Information can be found at this link.